Edited by Jacqueline O’Reilly, Clémentine Moyart, Tiziana Nazio and Mark Smith
This book sets out to examine the effects of the Great Recession on youth employment. Despite considerable variation across Europe, even in better-performing countries significant pockets of youth struggled to make successful and sustainable transitions into employment.
Further details and PDF download available on the STYLE Handbook website.
Also available in paperback from Policy Press.
STYLE is a research project that aims to examine the obstacles and opportunities affecting youth employment in Europe. The project includes 25 research partners, an international advisory network and local advisory boards of employers, unions, policy makers and NGOS from over 20 European countries.
EurActiv News: Social Europe & Jobs
- A call for a Child Union
- Commission targets EU skills boost for green and digital transitions
- Job market integration: pandemic puts disadvantaged at greater risk
- Unions warn: Unemployment will double unless extraordinary measures extended
- Auditors call on EU institutions to change hiring process
- Commission makes it clear: Same minimum wage for all EU countries is impossible
- EU makes bond market history with record €233 bln demand for SURE issue