Edited by Jacqueline O’Reilly, Clémentine Moyart, Tiziana Nazio and Mark Smith
This book sets out to examine the effects of the Great Recession on youth employment. Despite considerable variation across Europe, even in better-performing countries significant pockets of youth struggled to make successful and sustainable transitions into employment.
Further details and PDF download available on the STYLE Handbook website.
Also available in paperback from Policy Press.
STYLE is a research project that aims to examine the obstacles and opportunities affecting youth employment in Europe. The project includes 25 research partners, an international advisory network and local advisory boards of employers, unions, policy makers and NGOS from over 20 European countries.
EurActiv News: Social Europe & Jobs
- A historic day for children growing up in poverty in the EU
- EU plans ‘climate action social fund’ to shield citizens from rising carbon prices
- Spain presents plan to tackle soaring youth joblessness
- EU risks becoming like the Gulf over exploitative labour
- Unions fear ‘political’ EU court opinion could unpick rules on posting workers
- ‘We want positive action to combat exploitative labour in EU construction’
- COVID recovery money comes with strings attached, say EU officials