Edited by Jacqueline O’Reilly, Clémentine Moyart, Tiziana Nazio and Mark Smith
This book sets out to examine the effects of the Great Recession on youth employment. Despite considerable variation across Europe, even in better-performing countries significant pockets of youth struggled to make successful and sustainable transitions into employment.
Further details and PDF download available on the STYLE Handbook website.
Also available in paperback from Policy Press.
STYLE is a research project that aims to examine the obstacles and opportunities affecting youth employment in Europe. The project includes 25 research partners, an international advisory network and local advisory boards of employers, unions, policy makers and NGOS from over 20 European countries.
EurActiv News: Social Europe & Jobs
- Is child labour at the attention of G7 leaders at all?
- Europe’s summer of discontent reveals aviation sector labour crisis
- Platform workers: liberal, conservative MEPs align to fight centre-left’s proposal
- The Open Balkan Initiative and the EU’s Minimum Wage Directive
- EU Parliament and member state negotiators agree on minimum wage directive
- Record inflation hot topic ahead of French legislative elections
- Industry employers’ boss: Companies cannot raise wages to offset inflation